Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i get the sum of values in a column. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i get the sum of values in a column. ?

I have an entity called "Result" and there is a field "score" in the entity . i want to get the sum of all entries comes in "score" column. and i want to store the total to "grandTotal" field.
    This is the formula i have applied. but it doesn't work.
    grandTotal = entity\sumRelated('Result', 'score');
    Please help me to resolve this issue.
    NB: Entity - Result(Label - Result), Field -score(label -Score), Field - grandTotal(label - Grand Total)

You need to have relationship between your entity and Result entity. Check the relationship name in Administration > Entity Manager > Relationships. The name should start with a lower case letter. Then use that name in your formula as the first argument.

entity\sumRelated('results', 'score');

Where results is a relation name.

Comment

i have corrected this. grandTotal = entity\sumRelated('results', 'score'); but the result doesnt reflect in grandTotal field which is from same entity Result.

Comment

sumRelated intended to sum related records. If you want to sum for the same entity, the formula won't help. You need to create a hook and write some code.

Comment

From what I understand, your fields are within your own entity?
          If so, then your formula is wrong, I apply a formula for a collection entity:

"grandTotal=field1+field2;"

or in case you apply multiplication:

grandTotal=(field1*field2)+field3;

And if not then I did not understand your problem.

Good luck with that problem!

Comment

for one cent if I have understand :
            you need a formula who return "select SUM(score) from result where deleted=0" ?

Comment

Working...
            X