EspoCRM, Google Chrome, Trend Antivirus and Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EspoCRM, Google Chrome, Trend Antivirus and Crashing

I would like to know if anyone has experienced this, as its just started happening since the weekend.

We have an EspoCRM installation running on our network. We are also using Trend Micro antivirus which appears to have updated over the weekend. A number of our workstations are running Google Chrome as the browser of choice.

When accessing the EspoCRM dashboard through Chrome, the page loads up normally. When accessing Tickets or Tasks, the entire browser closes immediately. This behaviour does not occur when using Firefox or Edge (Internet Explorer behaves weirdly anyways). Accessing any other page seems fine.

My initial thoughts are that there has been a change in the antivirus which is killing the browser process yet there are no log files which would indicate that this is happening. The crash occurs in lightning quick time following a click on the link so my understanding is that it probably isn't Google Chrome (especially due to the way EspoCRM loads the JS libs).

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Is anyone currently experiencing issues like this, possibly following an antivirus update? Or can anyone offer any suggestions as to what may be happening. The entire EspoCRM system (including customisations) has been running flawlessly for a good couple of months now... until this weekend! No changes or updates were applied to EspoCRM this weekend.

Thanks

Hello.
    I am not sure that this issue was caused by the EspoCRM cause in this way each of your browsers could be crushed. Try to clear a cache of the Google Chrome. Don't clear it with Ctrl + F5. Make complete cache clearing via settings of the Google Chrome (Settings -> Advanced -> Clear browsing data).

Comment

Maximus I think this is definitely an antivirus issue. EspoCRM has been running perfectly for a long period of time.

There was an antivirus update done automatically at the weekend and now EspoCRM is having issues. I think it is more than a coincidence.

I have already tried clearing caches, browser history, cookies, etc but it makes no difference.

Comment

Have you investigated the antivirus settings? Is there some firewall or something like that?

Comment

Maximus I have but unfortunately the antivirus is not indicating that there is any type of issue.

What is happening is that Google Chrome (it ONLY applies to Chrome) is crashing within about 2 milliseconds of clicking either the Cases or Tasks links.

All other links work fine - I cannot even use Google Dev Tools to check if there is a non-200 error code because of how quickly the application crashes.

It is really really really strange.

Comment

Please read this https://support.google.com/chrome/an...DDesktop&hl=en. Maybe something will be helpful.

Comment

It's definitely the antivirus. Uninstalling it makes the non-working links work perfectly again. There must have been a bizarre change in the latest round of updates.... annoying!

Comment

Working...
              X