Multiple Users per Contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Users per Contact

Hi, what is the best way to configure multiple users per contact?

Looking into the Entity Manager the current fiel in "Contact" is "assignedUser" of type "Link". There are for example other fields (like "accounts") of type "Link Multiple". However, adding a field there is no type "Link Multiple". Is it a good idea to delete the "assignedUser" field and add a new one of type "Link Multiple". Any other ideas how to acomplish this?

Thanks
    Christoph

Hello.
    The link type field is the field that added by the creating a relation https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...-relationships.

Comment

Thanks Maximus!

Comment

Sorry, have to ask again: I understand how to add relations now. But still I am not sure what is the best way to have multiple PortalUsers per Contact. I can not delete / change the standard PortalUser <-> Contact relation. So the only way would be to add a new relation which is then somehow duplicate to the standard one. Any other ideas?

I also looked into the subscribing of contacts. However it seems not possible to e.g. filter contacts based on subscriber

Comment

I can confirm that multiple users per contact is not supported and would require a complex customizing.

Comment

Thanks yurikuzn for your reply!

I see two possible ways for me to achieve what I want:
            1. Subscribing to contacts: here however I find no way to filter lists based on subscribed users. Is there any?
            2. Using a new field at the contact entity.

Which option is better, opinion?

Comment

Working...
            X