Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to schedule a Report to email

Hi,

I want to schedule report to email. I tried option in report, but it wont work. Please advice.
    Cheers!
    Nishan.

Hello.

Are there any errors in the log files? Have you configured your SMTP in the Administration -> Outbound Emails?

Comment

Hi Maximus,

Im trying with 'email sending' portion in report module.I set a user who get the report at schedule time but it is not working for the given time. But the email send with a delay.
      Cheers!
      Nishan.

Comment

I think this is because of cron works with UTC time. For example, you have set sending time at 13:00. This time was stored in the report table in the DB. But in the job table will be created a record that has execution time according to UTC. If your timezone is +2 hours, this means that cron will execute this job with delay on 2 hours.

Comment

But the thing is, workflow emails triggered at the given time (immediately).

Could you please help me to setup to send report with scheduled email by 8.30 A.M every day ??
          Last edited by Nishan Perera; 06-25-2019, 10:00 AM.
          Cheers!
          Nishan.

Comment

I did not manage to run by specifying the Scheduled section in workflow, but it works when I select * * * * * and enter the Scheduled Jobs " Run Scheduled Workflows" section.

Comment

Why you are trying to send the report via workflow? Why you don't use the 'send email report' in the report section (see screenshot)?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Maximus, I tried that. but its not working from their. Means eg- if I select time as 8.45 A.M email will be received by 9.30.

job - Schedule Report Sending
                Scheduling - 0 * * * *

And other thing is i need to schedule that report with a email template.

Cheers!
                Nishan.

Comment

When you are using the scheduled workflow, the report will not be sent to the target email. The workflow just starts at the scheduled time and runs the report, then check how many results the report has, and executes an action (e.g send email) to the target email one or more times according to the value of the report results. If you want to send a report you have to use that way as on my last attachment.
                  Note that if you want to set the schedule for the workflow you should define this time in UTC time zone.
                  But here is the one thing that you should know. For example, you want to send a daily report at 9:30 a.m., and you have the defined scheduled for the 'Schedule Report Sending' job as 0 * * * * (runs every hour). In this situation, one job will be executed at 9:00 a.m., the second one will be executed at 10:00 a.m. (the second job will execute your daily report that scheduled at 9:30 a.m.).

Comment

Working...
                  X