Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone, please help linkName.attributeName formula doesn't work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone, please help linkName.attributeName formula doesn't work!

Hi,

I spent I good few hours testing how I can change an attribute based on the value of a linked entity attribute and it doesn't work.

It works fine inside the entity, for example using the Conacts Entity Formula:

ifThen(firstname=='David',description='HELLO')

this works, but when I try to use the linkName.attributeName, for example:

ifThen(account.industry=='Banking',description='HE LLO WORLD')

this doesn't work. I have checked the link name and tried with various fields and on various entities.

Can someone enlighten me please! The ability to change attributes based on linked attributes is very important and I am sure people here use it alot, what am I doing wrong, is there some trigger I am missing maybe?
    Last edited by DavidatEspo; 05-17-2019, 06:25 PM.

Hi,

I tried

ifThen(account.industry=='Banking',description='HE LLO WORLD')

for Contact and it worked fine.

Comment

Hello,

yes it does work! But anyone having issues with this, NOTE, the formula does have a TRIGGER, either you have to edit the record and save it (to trigger the formula) OR you can Mass Recalculate Formula, see picture. Of course if you are experienced Espo User, this was clear to you, for someone new, this can take in my case 12 hours to figure out. I hope someone will save their time.

Apparently you CAN switch assigned User with formula, ifThen(account.assignedUserId!=assignedUserId, assignedUserId=account.assignedUserId)
      Last edited by DavidatEspo; 05-18-2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X