How to assign accounts and auto assign related contacts to a new user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to assign accounts and auto assign related contacts to a new user

Hi, I am looking to mass update accounts and assign them to a new user. How can I set Espo up to auto assign/update all the related contacts of that account?

Many thanks!

Hello.

Please select all demanded accounts in an Accounts entity list view, choose an action -> Mass Update -> select the 'Assigned User' field -> select a new user.

Comment

Hello Maximus, Thank you for your reply. I did this and it works, but the contacts that are linked to the accounts dont move to the new user. So I would like to be able to move lets say "company A" together with the linked/related "contact A" and "contact B" to the new user. At the moment, the contacts remain and only the accounts move...

Comment

Mass Update affects the only those entity and those records that you have selected. Such automation can be reached by using workflow https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...ion/workflows/

Comment

Ok thank you.I thought maybe its possible using the formula field, because I read this post and it seems like a simlar request https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...count-contacts

Comment

You can try, but sometimes one contact can be linked to a couple of accounts. And it can make some unexpected result.

Comment

It seems straightforward with the Espo functions etc. but tried so many combinations and nothing seems work. Im trying in the Accounts Entity: ifThen(entity\isAttributeChanged('assignedUserName '), contacts.assignedUserName=assignedUserName)

Comment

Hello Again,

So I found the solution, the formula is: ifThen(account.assignedUserId!=assignedUserId, assignedUserId=account.assignedUserId)

Update contacts using recalculate formula.

Wola
                Last edited by DavidatEspo; 05-18-2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X