Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automating email notifications

Hi!

I'm new to Espo and CRMs in general, so please don't exclude option that I'm asking wrong thing or just being dumb.

Scenario that we are trying to achieve: We are selling subscriptions and we would like to send reminder to customer whose licences will expire in 7 days. I believe that this is possible - https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...h-target-lists, so.
    We have all the elements in place and can do it manually in this way:
    - By going in MassEmails, Selecting TargetList (which is populated from Report), selecting Template and then sending it out.

Question 1. Will the TargetList re-run Report each time I select it and send email (thus data will be always up to date), OR do I have to go into TargetList, select Sync Now, and only then move on to email? Or, even worse, go in Report, run it, then TargetList, Sync, and then email?

Question 2. Is it possible to schedule this scenario, for example, to happen every Monday at 09:00, until the end of time? Of course, steps described in Question 1 are simple and will take couple of minutes, but still automating it all the way sounds like common feature that should be possible.

Question 3. Is there some kind of centralized, in-depth documentation dealing with such scenarios in depth that I should visit? So far I'm working with Documentation (https://www.espocrm.com/documentation/user-guide/) which sound pretty vague, Tips (https://www.espocrm.com/tips) which are better but I don't see all that I'm interested in there and visibility is lacking (or if WISIWYG, then it's rather short section), and, of course, Forum, where it's always a bit of game of luck, if I can guess how to formulate this problem in a what that someone has formulated it before.

Great many thanks!

Hello.
    You are right. It is easy to create a report for filtering 7-days expire date (see attachments).

Question 1
    You don't need to sync the target list with the report. For this in EspoCRM exists the next process(job) 'Sync Target Lists with Reports'. By default, it runs every 2 hours but you can change it.

Question 2
    Despite the 'Sync Target Lists with Reports' job in the EspoCRM exist another one job 'Send Mass Emails'. As I have told you, you can schedule it as you want.
    Please note that report as I have shown you check only 7 days left, not range from 0 to 7 days to expire day. The logic is to prevent sending such reminders to your customers every day until the expire day came. These email reminders should be sent once. So in my example, it is more proper to run such mass emails every day early morning. Also, the target list should be already synced with the new day report.

Question 3
    Also, I suggest you watch our video tips https://www.espocrm.com/video/. Sure, it will be useful for you.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      Despite the 'Sync Target Lists with Reports' job in the EspoCRM exist another one job 'Send Mass Emails'. As I have told you, you can schedule it as you want.
      Please note that report as I have shown you check only 7 days left, not range from 0 to 7 days to expire day. The logic is to prevent sending such reminders to your customers every day until the expire day came. These email reminders should be sent once. So in my example, it is more proper to run such mass emails every day early morning. Also, the target list should be already synced with the new day report.
      Hey, thanks for response!
      However this second part is still confusing - I don't see any option to set "Reoccurring."
      Campaign has start date and end date - but campaign by itself doesn't send out anything. I tried changing Types, Newsletter/Mail/Email etc., and I see they change fields available but still there aren't any options.
      Mass Email section has Date Start and Time, yes, but it also doesn't have any schedule/interval setup.

Am I missing something there?

Comment

You can create a scheduled workflow that will run a report and send the emails to the customers from the report.

Comment

Hello,

thank you! "Workflows" - that was the secret that I was missing. All good now, thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X