Email to case - automate enum selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email to case - automate enum selection

I have setup my system for email to case so that when a customer wants to send back an faulty part under an RMA an automated email (outside of ESPOCRM) is generated via out web site. ESPOCRM see's the email and generates a case. RMA's have a different set of data used such as part numbers, serial numbers etc from other case types. I have an ENUM setup called 'Type' so that when the user looks at the issue they can select 'RMA' and all of the RMA form options are seen and other ones hidden. All is working well so far.....

What I want to do is when an RMA email triggers the generation of a new case then I want the enum 'Type' to automatically be set to RMA and therefore the form should shows all of the correct boxes relevant to the RMA. Can this be done? Is so how?

Hello.
    As I understood you need:
    1. When the new case is creating you want to change Type value onto RMA;
    2. the form should show all of the correct boxes relevant to the RMA.

Well,
    1. For this, you can define a formula for the 'Case' entity that should check if the record is new then change the 'Type' field value on to RMA. The problem is the formula will make changes for all new 'Case' records despite they were created by email or by a user. To avoid it you can try to use a case creation specific (case created by email doesn't have assigned user). So you can add this logic condition to the formula. I have added a screenshot with formula. Hope it will work.
    Note that if you had defined auto assignment rule for your new cases, this way will not work.
    2. It is not so clear for me, what boxes, etc. Describe this more explicitly, please.

Attached Files

Comment

This is the default screen when you press the create button, note the Type pull down highlighted in Red -

If I select 'RMA' from the pull down or I receive an RMA email then it changes to the following -

I was trying to keep both options under the general header of Cases (I rename to Issues).

I would like to have a manual RMA creation method (i.e. use the pull down option) for people who just send things back without notifying us and additionally if received by email then it will automatically select RMA from the pull down.

Currently I automatically assign it to a user who looks after RMA's although I guess I could drop this as they will get a separate email anyway.

Does that make it clearer?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Morgan,
        could you attach the screenshots again, please? It seems they have saved with the error?

Comment

Hello Maximus,

Please see below

Click image for larger version

Name:	CRM_Issue_default.png
Views:	375
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	47952

Click image for larger version

Name:	CRM_Issue_RMA.png
Views:	362
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	47951

Comment

To make all fields visible if type = RMA it is very easy. You just have to use dynamic logic for these 2 panels: "RMA Part 1" and "RMA Part 2" in the Layout Manager.
            Here you can read more about dynamic logic: https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...dynamic-logic/

Comment

Working...
            X