Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to update an entity after creating a formula

hello,
    we just bought espoCRM, and i am an admin user in charge of creating the reports we need for our business. in product entity i created a new field (= result of a formula) that concatenates name+ ref. everything works fine : if i modify something in a product, i can see the result in my new field. but i would like to see this result in all the products of may catalogue that have thousands of products ! do i have a mean, after creating a "formula field", to update its entity (in this case entity "product") in order to seeing immediately the application of the formula in all the catalogue?
    thank you for your answer.

Administration/Entity Manager/ Product click arrow on the right and click formula..

exapmle formula;

ifThen(
    entity\isNew() && teams == null,
    teams = 'EspoCRM'
    );

good luck..

Comment

5.6.0 will have such an ability from UI.

Comment

Thank you guys for your answers.

actually, i found an efficient way to update my entity and then see my calculated new formula field here is my method in case it may be helpful for someone else :

- i created a scheduled workflow with target entity "product" (as the formula field i want to calculate belong to this entity) without any restricton rule (i want to see this caculated field on every product)
        - i set up the action "update entity" product with the param "add a new field" > "modifiedat" > today/now
        - i activated the worflow and it worked perfectly : at the same time the field "modifiedat" was updated, my recently created formula field was calculated in all my product database !
        - i desactivated my workflow (i will run when i need it again)

Comment

Working...
        X