Inbound Email: When "inbox" or "all"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inbound Email: When "inbox" or "all"

I've configured a shared Email account for sending and receiving emails but I didn' understand the logic why/when a message is shown in Espo folder "Inbox" and when only in "all". It is somehow not predictable even when I just play with an answer/replay thread using always the same email accounts. Additionally sometimes the new mail is already marked as read and sometimes not - even I have only one user logged in.

Could someone please explain the expected/implemented behavior?

I tested with EspoCRM 5.5.6

Hello,
    could you give some attachments to show how it looks like and let me investigate your question? Also, check your Personal Email Account configs. Is there set up a folder to store inbound emails?
    Last edited by Maximus; 02-19-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

The effect is that no email is shown in Inbox but in "All" which is not notified. I would expect that a mail occurs in the "inbox" even for a shared account.
      Since I don't have configured a personal IMAP account I don't know where/how to configre a folder to store inbound emails

Comment

I guess that a Group Email Account needs to set at least one team to be shown in the inbox but even when I set a team my testuser is member of I don't see a mail in the inbox.

Comment

I investigated your question. All emails falling into "All". Only users who are linked to some emails have access to them and can move them to another folder.

Comment

Same question. All the new messages appear in the folder ALL, and not in Inbox.
            Besides, they come marked "Read".
            What is the logic of sorting emails?
            Is there any place, where I can view all the Unread and/or unprocessed emails?

Comment

Originally posted by Oleksii S. View Post
              Same question. All the new messages appear in the folder ALL, and not in Inbox.
              Besides, they come marked "Read".
              What is the logic of sorting emails?
              Is there any place, where I can view all the Unread and/or unprocessed emails?
              You can use the "..." to filter "Unread" email."In Not Read" it next to the Search magnifying glass.

Comment

Hello Oleksii S.,
                when an email comes to a system, the system checks whether "To" address field is matched to a user's email address. If so, then this user can view this email in the 'INBOX' scope. If not, then the user may view it in the 'ALL' scope (for this the user should have appropriate permission in a role).
                All emails that fetched to the system by IMAP are marked as 'archived'.
                The unread emails marked with the bold subject. You can use filter to quickly find all unread emails: 'Is Not Read' -> 'Yes'.
                Users can create their own additional folders for emails. Also, they can set up filters to automatically put emails into the custom folder.

Comment

Thank you. The clue was setting group address into user’s profile.
                  And one more question: is there any means to display total amount of messages in a folder, like it is made with unread ones?

Comment

> is there any means to display total amount of messages in a folder, like it is made with unread ones?

No, it needs code customization.

UPD.

Oleksii S. if this scope is available for you, you can open Administration -> Entity Manager -> Emails -> Edit -> uncheck the 'Disable record count' box. It will let you see the total number of records in the current folder (see screenshot).
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Maximus; 05-27-2020, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X