Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formulas on Linked Entities

Hello!
    I have been trying to get my Cases entity to update when the status is changed to close. I have a custom entity called "Case Queue" and am trying to automate the closure process of the ticket to either clear the link, or assign a difference queue entity to the case. I have been trying different formula, but I seem to be unable to modify (or even throw an error) when attempting to modify that field.

When status is set to closed, I need the caseQueue (linked to a custom entity) to be changed on the case to either "Closed Case" (a record in that entity), or unlinked.

Thank you,

Hello,
    if you have an Advanced Pack you can easily do it with Workflow. Please go to Administration --> Workflows --> Create Rule. Choose Target Entity --> 'Case', Trigger Type --> 'After record saved' Conditions: All/Status/equals/Closed,
    Actions: Update Related Record/Link --> caseQueue/Add Field --> Status/value/completed.

Comment

Is there a way to do this using the formulas function that is not apart of Advanced Pack? I do not have that paid add on right now.
      Thank you,

Comment

Hello,
        base Formula can modify only target entity, not related.
        The only way, if you don't have Advanced Pack is using hook feature

Comment

Working...
        X