Multiple matching Workflows and order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple matching Workflows and order

Hi, on my Opportunity item I have a few ENum fields: "Stage" (usual one) and "Product Type" (one that I added).

I want to have a workflow that runs whenever something hits the Stage of "Closed". This is for everything that meets that filter (there are about 5 things).

I also want to do some additional things for "Product Type" = "Training".

If I define both rules, will they both fire? Or will it just run one of them?

If both, can I control the sequence?

Hi Mat,
    of course, if you want to run the same actions you can use one workflow with any conditions. You have 3 type of conditions All, Any and Formula.
    You can use Any section, and workflow actions will be run once , when first or/and second condition are met

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, but I am not sure I understand. I probably didn't describe my situation correctly.

Imagine I have 3 different Workflow rules with filters as follows:
      1. Opportunity = Closed
      2. Opportunity = Closed AND Product = Training
      3. Opportunity = Closed AND Product = Software
      Now consider an opportunity that get moved to "Closed" and the Product is Training.

I would expect Workflows 1 and 2 to get executed. Do they both execute? In what order?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, both. But not sure about the order
        What I want to recommend you in this case:

You have 3 different Workflow rules with filters as follows:
        1. After Record Saved: ==== Opportunity = Closed
        2. Sequential for the same entity type ====== Product = Training
        3. Sequential for the same entity type Product = Software
        In action list for first workflow you can add Trigger another workflow action, here select your sequential workflow. In this workflow condition will be rechecked and run it's actions
        Order is the same as you set in action list

Comment

Perfect, thanks. I also like the idea of linking them together in specified order.

Comment

Working...
          X