No announcement yet.

Question: How to Speed up Idle Import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: How to Speed up Idle Import?

We try to import a list of 28k e-mail addresses as Contacts. However, this either fails due to timeouts or takes forever in idle mode.

How can we speed up the import in idle mode?

in idle mode import works not longer that online, but depends on crontab. How often do you run crontab? Are other scheduled jobs work well?

Comment

Our app runs in Azure, where we have set up a Webjob that executes /cron.php continuously, find a screenshot attached. Other scheduled job run smoothly, find another screenshot attached. So what is the interval and batch size (i.e., number of records) for the import in idle mode?

Comment

Find your import job (failed or Running) in Administraiton > Scheduled Jobs > Jobs.

How much time it takes before timeout. What kind of timeout happens? Is it php timeout or job timeout handled by espocrm?

Comment

Since we stopped trying to import without idle mode, I'm afraid I cannot provide you with an answer regarding the timeouts.

But as I said, import in idle mode succeeded (see screenshot), but took a couple of hours.

So let me ask again, what is the interval and batch size (i.e., number of records) for the import in idle mode?

Comment

There is no ajax timeout https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b.../step2.js#L428
            check php.ini max_execution_time value

Comment

Our php settings read as follows:

Code:
              max_execution_time = 0
              max_input_time = 0
              memory_limit = 256M
              post_max_size = 50M
              upload_max_filesize = 50M
              But anyway, I was just curious to figure out if there's any interval (no) and if you use any batch sizes (you apparently go one by one). So thanks for the insights and support.

Comment

Working...
              X