Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using PUT instead of PATCH

Hi,

I´m having problems with a new installation which may be caused because my server does not support PATCH which I have learnt is a requirement. I believe there is a way to change the default system from using PATCH to using PUT instead. I would appreciate some instruction on how to do this, I have basic skills in PHP, very much a self thought newbie (dangerous thing!).

Probably worth mentioning that the symptoms of the problem are a "Bad Server Response" message flashing up on my screen every few seconds and also, although I have the ability to import and save data I cannot Update, the changes are not saved either in the imported data or the system configurations. Priveleges on files, directories and Db have all been checked.

I very much appreciate your help (in advance)
    Dave
    Last edited by SuperYachtRadio; 10-28-2018, 01:39 PM.

Hi Dave,

EspoCRM uses PUT requests instead of PATCH since one of recent releases (about half a year ago).

Comment

• SuperYachtRadio
      SuperYachtRadio commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Yurikuzn,

thank you for the update. I´m new to the Forum and I´m not sure whether I respond by Comment or Posting another messge, so I´m doing both.
      Any ideas as to why I get a "Bad server response" message every 8-10 seconds and cannot update records?

I can create Customers however cannot update them or any system parameters. I´ve checked user privelages on the Db and Folder and File privs. on the server and all looks good. There are no errors being logged on the server.

Dave
      Last edited by SuperYachtRadio; 10-29-2018, 06:54 PM.

Hi Yurikuzn,

thank you for the update. Any ideas as to why I get a "Bad server response" message every 8-10 seconds and cannot update records?

Dave
    Last edited by SuperYachtRadio; 10-29-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

You can try to open browser console (F12) > Network tab. Try to updare any record and see what request is sent. What response is returned. There defenetely must be errors logged in some log.

Comment

Hi Yurikuzn,

I did as you suggested and copied the errors into the text file attached.

Sincere thanks for your help.

Dave

bad server response.txt

Comment

in case it helps I found the attached in the logs folder
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X