Take out Name field and requirement from convert Lead to Opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take out Name field and requirement from convert Lead to Opportunity

I would like to take out the Name field and requirement on the convert Lead to Opportunity Screen. I want the Name of the Lead to automatically transfer to the converted Opportunity, and also take out the Stage and probability so that the only field that comes up is Description. I could not find the right file to edit to get this done. I couldn't quite figure it out from the other forum posts that were close to this question.

This is at the bottom of my Lead.json in my custom entitydefs, since I'm in to B2C mode and I took out contact, opportunity is the only option that appears which is what I want:
    Code:
    "convertEntityList": [
            "Account",
            "Opportunity"
        ],
        "convertFields": {
            "Account": {
                "name": "accountName",
                "billingAddressStreet": "addressStreet",
                "billingAddressCity": "addressCity",
                "billingAddressState": "addressState",
                "billingAddressPostalCode": "addressPostalCode",
                "billingAddressCountry": "addressCountry"
            },
            "Opportunity": {
                "amount": "opportunityAmount",
                "leadSource": "source",
                "name": "name"
            }
        }
    Attached Files

to remove fields from the form - Administration > Layout Manager > Opportunities > Convert Lead
    to set values - Administration > Entity Manager > Opportunity > Formula

ifThen(!name,name=originalLead.name);

Comment

Thank you Tanya, I forgot Convert Lead had it's own layout screen in layout manager. That part worked for me thanks.

The Before Save formula is not working for me however. I have tried several different combinations of the if part of the statement such as name == '' and name == null
      I have even tried taking out the ifThen statement altogether. I get an entry without a name and an entity ID like 5bd73b1e97e247b5e it DOES however update the name if I update any of the fields inside the newly created opportunity.

I have been messing with it for a couple hours now and can't figure out how to fix it.

Thanks as always for your help Tanya!

Comment

I did it with this workflow

Comment

Thanks! You're the best!

Comment

Working...
          X