Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to make a relationship panel relate only to the entity it was created under?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to make a relationship panel relate only to the entity it was created under?

Hello, I have made a relationship panel for the Accounts entity to keep track of payments made to that account. Everything works great, except that I want the entries put on any given account to only be selectable to that account. As of right now I can put in a payment entry on one account and save it, go to another account, add a payment and it will let me select the payments for any other accounts. Is it possible to make the entries only be visible to the entity it was made under (payments only for the account that it was entered under)?

Would this be a child to parent relationship? If so how do you use that in entityDefs? Right now it is using one-to-many relationship because it made the most sense out of the three you can actually pick from the relationship type.

If the child to parent is not what I am looking for then can anyone recommend how to go about doing this?

Thank you in advance.

As I understand you well, You have a form, where are account and payment. When you select account and want to select payment, this situation happens.
    Like on Opportunity form: when you select account, only related contacts are available.
    Assuming for a custom entity I want to only allow to select/add contacts (hasMany link) for an specific account the user selected in another link field (account).

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I will have to try and figure this out. I am not the greatest of developers, especially when it comes to Javascript.

Comment

Working...
      X