Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Array field not working for workflow conditions (and search filters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Array field not working for workflow conditions (and search filters)

I need to create a workflow, that sends an email only to certain contacts. Specifically, I need to target clients, who have used the trial version of our software, but not the paid version.

I created a custom field in Contacts called Tag, which is an Array type. Each Contact can have multiple tags, such as "Evaluator" or "Customer". But when I tried to create a workflow where Tag is one of the conditions, I discovered, that I can't either choose from the list or type in any of the existing tags. I tried to create a condition with Contact.Tag -> has -> and there's an empty list. See screenshot: https://yadi.sk/i/FjYu7t9PuRpqJw

Why is that?

I also noticed that the Tag field is not working in the Search filters either. When I try to use Tag -> Any of - there's an input field, but whatever I type in it, doesn't affect the search results (and disappears after clicking the search button). See screenshot: https://yadi.sk/i/wLlXhjrJKs4cBw

------------------------

There actually could be another solution to my initial task: can I make a condition for the workflow like that: target Deal.Contact that is not asscociated with other Deals of a certain Sale Type?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Filtering by Array field w/o defined options is not implemented is EspoCRM.

You can utilize a link multiple field istead of array.

Comment

Yuri, thank you for the fast answer. How do I use a link multiple fields for that purpose? My goal is to create a condition for a workflow, where the target entity is Opportunity, and the workflow should only be triggered if the Opportunity.Contact has no other Opportunities of a certain SaleType associated with it.

Comment

Regarding an array field in workflow. You can also utilize formula in workflow condition. array\includes function https://github.com/espocrm/documenta...#arrayincludes
        Last edited by yuri; 09-21-2018, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Could you provide an example of a condition specified with this formula language? i.e. in my case - how do I specify, that I need the array "Tag" of the entity "Contact" associated with the target entity of the workflow ("Deal") NOT to include certain value (e.g."Customer")?

Comment

if Deal could have only one Contact and field name is contact, try this
            (!array\includes(contact.tag, "Customer"))

And remember, that "Customer" has to be the key in the Multiple-Enum list, not the translation

Comment

Thank you. Actually, I've figured that out already - seems that I should have used the Relationship name instead of Field name. But thank you anyway!

Comment

The ability to search by custom items for array/multi-enum fields will be available in 5.4.4.

The ability to specify custom items for array/multi-enum in workflow conditions is already implemented in the latest advanced pack version.

Comment

Working...
                X