Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording opportunities against leads and moving to contacts when converted

Hi there,

I've built a relationship between leads and opportunities and have been adding multiple opportunities against leads. When I convert the lead to a contact, I would like it to take the opportunities with it - is this possible? Currently, I only seem to be able to move a single opportunity across with the lead by replicating the opportunity fields against the lead. For example, one of my opportunity fields is 'Date of Interest'. If I create a field with the same name for leads, when I go to convert and tick 'Opportunity', the date of interest I put against the lead can be transferred to a date of interest against a new opportunity. This, however, restricts me to only being able to add one opportunity per lead.

I hope that makes sense!

Hello,
    you can do it with workflow
    after lead saved -> if status is chenged And status is Converted And createdContactId is not empty -> update related opportunities -> add to contactsIds lead.createdContactId

Comment

Hi Tanya,

Thank you for your help so far. I undertstand what you've explained to a point but would please you be able to give me a little bit more help?

I've created a workflow and selected 'Lead' as the target entity with the trigger type as 'after record saved'. I've then set two conditions under the 'All' section: status must equal converted and contact must not be empty.

I get confused when I reach the actions section. I've selected update related record and then 'opportunity', but I'm not sure where to go from there, as the opportunity_contact link is stored in a separate table to opportunities. I basically want it to update the opportunities_contact table so that it adds a new record where the opportunity id is the same as the id of the opportunity that's linked to the lead and the contact id is the same as the id of the contact that was lead was converted to.

Comment

try this

Comment

Hi Tanya,

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to have worked. I created a new lead, added an opportunity to it, converted to a contact but no opportunities appeared against the contact. I've attached an image of my current workflow set up. Do you have any other suggestions?

Comment

Hi Tanya,

To elaborate on my last post, I realised I had createdContactID rather than createdContactId, so I updated it to use lowercase d, but it's still not working. I've also tried 'sequential' as the trigger type and cutting down the conditions so that the only condition left is status must be converted. Still no luck though, unfortunately.

Comment

It works, I tested.
              You typed wrong function name as well.

Comment

Hi Tanya,

Yes, I spotted that after I posted and changed it but still no luck. If I post the process I'm following below, would you mind telling me how it's different to the process you followed when you did the testing? I've attached screenshots that correspond to the steps too.

1. Created workflow.
                2. Created new lead and added opportunity against it.
                3. Converted lead to school and contact.
                4. What the lead page now looks like.
                5. Clicked through to associated contact - no opportunities against the contact.

Comment

Attach please the screenshot of Lead's relationships (Administration > Entity Manager > Lead > Relationships)

Comment

Thanks Tanya, attached.

Comment

Hi Tanya,

Did the screenshot of the relationships give you any clues about what might be happening? Have I got the relationship set up wrong?

Comment

Hi Tanya,

I changed the relationship between opportunities and leads from 'many to many' to 'one to many' and it now appears to be working.

Comment

Working...
                        X