Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Email Reminder as Workflow

Hello,

I want to confirm proper setup of my workflow. My goal is to send a weekly reminder email (Email Template) to a specific list of contacts (Same every time) every Wednesday at 8AM. Here is what I have setup thus far, (Image Attached). Currently using Espo version 5.2.5.

Additional information:

- A Report is required it seems. I simply created an "Email" List report with default settings and named it, and used that as my selection when creating the workflow
    Last edited by scotta3234; 08-14-2018, 12:32 AM. Reason: Updated notation to what I think is correct, with UTC taken into account as well

I saved the above hoping to test for tomorrow (edited the "Day" value in the notation) and the system started sending emails out, however It's sending multiple duplicates. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by scotta3234; 08-15-2018, 01:30 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Hi All,

Just to recap after many attempts/testing. All I'm trying to do is schedule an email (From templates) to go out to my contacts list once per week on a specific day of the week and time.

The workflow is currently sending, but it's sending over a hundred emails immediately back-to-back to the specified contacts until it reaches gmail's send limit or I disable it. I have it setup as a scheduled workflow with the appropriate Cron scheduling which I think is correct (See attached in first post, have been editing for testing purposes - Ultimate I want it to send the email at 8AM every Wednesday. "1" should be the appropriate UTC value for my particular UTC offset. As soon as I click "Active" however, it appears to be sending immediately, thus ignoring the scheduling? Or something else potentially?

Maybe it has to do with my List report. All I did was create a default list report to output a specific list of contacts.

Maybe there is a better way to go about my need?

Thank you in advance.

**UPDATE**

I disabled (Set to innactive) All Scheduled Jobs except "Run Scheduled Workflows" and I no longer get multiple emails sent, so there is definitely some sort of conflict with Pending workflows and/or other workflows not completing which is messing with the email send-out. I will try and do more testing to find optimal settings and report back in case anyone else is experiencing the same issue. Other options are most welcome.
      Last edited by scotta3234; 08-21-2018, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X