Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Values

Hello all,

I am fairly new to this so please excuse me if my questions are novice. Can someone please assist with the following;

a) How does one input formula's into the default value section of a "varchar field" to achieve ["first name", "surname" = full name] for example or ["client" - "distribution date" = Espo CRM - 06/08/2018].

I have seen the following formula
    someField = string\concatenate(firstName, " '", middleName, "' ", lastName);
    {But not entirely sure how to enter it into the field. I have tried a few ways and I keep getting 502 error or the field displays the formula as it has been input.

b) In addition to the above, we also wish to use the calculated fields option to return aggregation summaries from other lists

for example i) List A has fields - Unit Price, Number of products, Client Name. ii) List B has fields - Total Cost, Total Number of products.
    How would I find the Total Cost (in List B) for client X over the last 30days or Total number of products purchased by client Y between the following dates?

We have seen the following formula but not sure how to input it if it is indeed the correct one
    entity\sumRelated(LINK, FIELD, [FILTER]) & entity\countRelated(LINK, [FILTER])

Many thanks for your time.

Kindest regards

Taurai

for A) You should enter the formula in the formula editor in the Entity manager. (use the dropdown caret at the end of the row)
    The formula gets evaluated before saving a record.
    please use the + sign in the editor to check the syntax.

Comment

Thanks Rinorway, this worked.

correction......A) is working fine, not getting entity\sumRelated(LINK, FIELD, [FILTER]) & entity\countRelated(LINK, [FILTER]) for B)

Kindest regards

Taurai
      Last edited by NonTau; 08-14-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Quick update on the above. The formula works, just needed quotes 'abc' courtesy of Yuri;

entity\sumRelated('LINK', 'FIELD', '[FILTER]') & entity\countRelated('LINK', '[FILTER]')

Thanks

Taurai

Comment

Working...
        X