Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to record unsubscribe data in a workflow-based e-mail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to record unsubscribe data in a workflow-based e-mail?

Hello,

I have created a workflow: when a new opportunity is created, an email is sent to the contact, linked to this opportunity. It all works fine except for one thing: I tried inserting a {optOutUrl} intro the email template, but it didn't create a valid link - this is what I get instead: "http://%7Boptouturl%7D/"

I need the addressee to be able to opt-out of any further e-mails on this subject whatsoever. In other words, for any further email workflow, I need to be able to set an additional rule "if the addressee has not opted out". I can see there's a condition rule "email opted out true/false" just for that. How do I create a valid opt-out link for the addressees?

Hello,
    {optOutUrl} is available in Mass Email only

Comment

OK, what should I do then? "Opted out" seems to be an attribute that can be attached to any email address. How can I make it available for the addressees?

Comment

unsubscribe link is {espoUrl}//?entryPoint=unsubscribe&id={id}
        the source is here https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...nsubscribe.php

for this entryPoint email has to be an item from Mass Email

you can create own entryPoint, if you want

Comment

Hi, Was that issue ever solved?

Dmitry, did you possibly create your own entryPoint which you could share?
          Thanks all for your contribution,

Bernhard

Comment

Originally posted by Bernhard View Post
            Hi, Was that issue ever solved?

Dmitry, did you possibly create your own entryPoint which you could share?
            Thanks all for your contribution,

Bernhard
            Hi Bernhard,
            I ended up writing my own unsubscribe script that runs on our website page, and just include in an email template a link to this page, sending recipient ID as a parameter. So I am not using the built-in "opted out" feature at all.

Comment

• Bernhard
              Bernhard commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks a lot - very helpful information

There is a hook for a subscribe event https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...cribe.php#L113

Comment

• Bernhard
              Bernhard commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you - I will check how this would work for me.

We still thinking in very similar direction now. The use case just different - sending reminders about expired subscription in series of emails.
            My question is how to do that if customer has 3 different services when we send reminders by workflows and customer "unsubscribe" from one mailing list still continue to get the reminders about rest 2 expirations. In this case general unsubscribe from workflow settings didn't fit. Ideal solution to be able to add "campaigns" to e-mail template and use them if not only mass emails are sent but other channels like workflow, manual mai and etc. as well.

Any ideas how to add Unsubscribe feature for target lists or campaigns not in mass mail?

Comment

Working...
            X