Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Show Opted Out field on Contact details?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Show Opted Out field on Contact details?

When looking at a contact details, a strike-trough email address indicates either opted out either invalid.

One can distinguish only if doing an update of the field, which is not accessible to everybody, depending on access rights and increases the risk of error/wrong entry.

How could I add a more explicit field/display of the reason for the strikethrough?

There is a field "email address is opted out" but not on the Layout manager of the Contact details.

Thanks,

Invalid email address is unclickable (is not shown as link, like others email)

Comment

Ah ok thanks, I see now.
      Subtle...
      If we would like something more explicit, is it possible to have the underlying fields displayed as check boxes? (they do not have to be controllable/editable)

Comment

Yes, but you need to override email field view.
        The single street address field provided by default is not adequate for our addressing needs so I'm looking to add a second street address field. It's easy

Comment

Dear Tanya,

I am testing the integration with MailChimp. I tested an unsubscribe from the email, which marked correctly the email as opted out in MailChimp. I then synced the list from EspoCRM, and on the list details, EspoCRM is correctly telling me that there are 5 members in the list but 1 opted out.

However, on the details of the contact itself, the email is still clickable, indicating that this email address is not tracked as opted out.

Could you advise?

Thanks,

Comment

• rinorway
            rinorway commented
            Editing a comment
            The opt out status is only for that specific targetlist.
            This means that opting out on contact level will not automatically opt-out the contact from all targetlists, you will either to create a workflow for that.

You can check this behaviour with this query:

SELECT
            `email_address`.`name`
            , `email_address`.`opt_out`
            , `contact`.`first_name`
            , `contact_target_list`.`opted_out`
            , `target_list`.`name`
            FROM
            `contact_target_list`
            INNER JOIN `target_list`
            ON (`contact_target_list`.`target_list_id` = `target_list`.`id`)
            INNER JOIN `contact`
            ON (`contact`.`id` = `contact_target_list`.`contact_id`)
            INNER JOIN `entity_email_address`
            ON (`entity_email_address`.`entity_id` = `contact`.`id`)
            INNER JOIN `email_address`
            ON (`entity_email_address`.`email_address_id` = `email_address`.`id`)
        Working...
        X