Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User preferences has been changed without action.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User preferences has been changed without action.

Hi,
    There is one user in my system in has been changed user preferenes with our any action.
    Like: any reports in dashlet has gone, menu has been changed...
    It's 2nd time happening.
    So could you please help to check the reason and how to prevent.
    Thank you very much.
    Ellen.

Hi,
    in very old versions preferences data was saved in cache folder. But now it is in the database. It can't be related with weird removing the file, so...
    the data in the database can't be lost without any action.

User's preferences can change user-owner or any administrator. Any modifications or reset with Reset button.
    Also I could surmise, that some data could be built in some errors while this user changed something (dashboard or preferences), but it couldn't happen without any action. (but you are the first with this issue for long period, so I don't think it is the reason)

Comment

Hi Tanya,
      Thanks for your information.
      But I want to investigate which action from user(not admin) make this issue to prevent in future.
      Since I already checked action history of this user and not found action in report or dashboard.
      Please share if you think any other reason.

Thanks,
      Ellen.

Comment

These actions aren't logged.
        Preferences (any parameter) could be changed by owner:
        - menu - Preferences - Edit or Reset
        - modifications on the dashboard (add/remove/change options or positions of dashlets / add tabs on dashboard )
        - shared calendar User List

But the result, you wrote about, the most looks like clicked Reset button on Preferences view

Comment

Noted with thanks Tanya,

Comment

Working...
          X