Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice / my understanding of a possible workflow (lead, contact,...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice / my understanding of a possible workflow (lead, contact,...)

Hi,

New to EspoCRM and new to CRM, I am trying to settle on an approach to be used by me and my colleagues.

There are two main types we envisage:
    1. We know / want to contact / hear of a potential customer
    2. We want to cold email a bunch of potential customers (e.g. all universities in a region, etc).

I thought we would go for something like:

Situation 1:
    a) we create a contact and insert as much administrative info as possible
    b) we create a lead based on that contact
    c) if no chance of selling, we close the lead ("dead")
    d) if chance of selling, we update the lead and/or convert to opportunity?

Situation 2:
    a) We create many contacts and a target list containing them
    b) We run a campaign with an email template, etc...
    c) Positive email responses become lead.. then opportunity?

But it seems it does not completely match "the spirit" of EspoCRM.
    In particular:
    - It is a bit annoying that we cannot set an organization name when creating a Lead. This is what brings me towards creating a contact as a first step.
    - "Convert" the Lead offers me Account, Contact, Opportunity. The fact that there is Contact tells me Lead is supposed to be before Contact but... less practical for us. Or is the idea to avoid filling up the contacts with many many useless and dead leads?
    - For situation 2, would it make more sense to build a target list made of Leads when it is for new prospection (like ;y example above) and build it out of Contacts when it is a campaign where one recontacts let's say existing contacts?

Thanks,

Olivier.

Hi,

" It is a bit annoying that we cannot set an organization name when creating a Lead. This is what brings me towards creating a contact as a first step."
    - you can create additional link between account and lead, add this link field to the form

"- "Convert" the Lead offers me Account, Contact, Opportunity. The fact that there is Contact tells me Lead is supposed to be before Contact but... less practical for us. "
    I am looking for the lead convert layout page code. I need to completely remove 2 options so they are not visible in the layout Could someone point me in the

Hi. Im trying to setup a way to Convert a Lead to Custom Entity using the Convert button feature. I get as far as getting the Clients entity to show up on the

For build correct target lists, you can create needed Reports and sync them with target lists
    How can EspoCRM help with creating Reports and Analytics? If you’re strongly convinced that sales aren’t a guessing game, then EspoCRM’s user-friendly reporting tool is exactly what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      Hi,

" It is a bit annoying that we cannot set an organization name when creating a Lead. This is what brings me towards creating a contact as a first step."
      - you can create additional link between account and lead, add this link field to the form
      Coming back to this, is it not possible to add an "Organisation" field to the Lead entity, and that would be automatically transferred when converting a Lead to a Contact?

Comment

I'm curious on the expected workflow too. Is it expected to load up the CRM with Leads and convert to Contacts once they become conversations - or to load up with Contacts and convert to Leads when they become interested?

Comment

Hi marcusquinn,
          You are able to achieve this with Workflow included into Advanced Pack (action: Create Related Record) https://docs.espocrm.com/administration/workflows/.
          If you don't have Advanced Pack then you can try to create Hook (programming skills required) https://docs.espocrm.com/development/hooks/.

Comment

Thanks Maximus I think I answered my own question with exploring. It seems to me the best workflow is to load up EspoCRM with Leads (we're sourcing them from BuiltWith.com and KleanLeads.com), then we will supplement with additional data, send out the email campaigns and just convert each Lead to an Opportunity when they reply and a Contact & Account when if become business.

Attached the order I've rearranged the menu to that should also show the workflow from top to bottom, going from unknown to doing business.

Comment

Working...
            X