Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display custom entity Datetime field on Calendar

Hi there

I have some custom entities with Date / Datefield.

I would like that these entities rows (name field) be displayed on the current Calendar.

Today... i'm using Webhook to create Task when i saved my custom entity... meaning that I can see track these events in "Task list" and displayed them on the calendar.

But it's very time consuming for me to maintain that... because when one of my datetime field is changed, i need to update the given task... etc... and sync 2 referentials.

I wonder if it would be possible to "inject/import/track" datetime field from custom entities in Calendar... (for example, to display deadline of some milestones that i track in my entity)
    Currently, we can only display Meeting/Activites/Task.

It could be great to be able to write a custom code to extend the entities that can be displayed? and the given field to display (name? or other) and datetime field to use

Thanks

Hi,
    when you create an entity in Entity Manager, you can select an entity type. One of options is Event. This Custom Entity could be add to the calendar (you can set this in Settings)
    What type of entity did you choose?

Comment

I chose "Base plus". Can i change that type now?
      i don't think that my entity is an "Event" type...

Indeed, in my "project" entity, i have 10 datetime fields to track milestones. I would like to display these 10 "events", on the calendar
      Last edited by wtconseil; 04-24-2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Any event on the calendar has start date and end date, and only once could be shown on the calendar... so
        if you have Advanced Pack, I will suggest this automation -

- create a new event entity;
        - relate these entities as many-to-one;
        - create a workflow with actions - Create related entity and create here your event for needed datetime fields

What is a calendar? How does it function? Why should I use it? In this video tutorial: Discover all the calendar functions, find out how to create events, set their time and duration, how to use shared calendars, change events in the calendar of a particular user or add calendar dashlet to a dashboa...

If you are seeking for a way of adjusting a CRM to your company’s needs, then this information about the functions of Entity Manager will be of vital importance for you.

https://www.espocrm.com/video/workfl...n-in-business/

Comment

Hi Tanya

thanks for your help
          but even with these workflows tricks, i will still have my issue to synchronize events entries when my main entity is edited (find the event, update the date).

I want that end users edit my "project" entity to add/edit/update all the datetime fields to track Milestones.
          I don't want them to be able to edit date on both sides (project entity) and calendar entries.

I think i don't have any other solution to handle that part on my own with my hooks

Comment

"I want that end users edit my "project" entity to add/edit/update all the datetime fields to track Milestones.
            I don't want them to be able to edit date on both sides (project entity) and calendar entries."

can't you manage it with roles?

Comment

Working...
            X