Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email setup has always worked fine, now I get this error message...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email setup has always worked fine, now I get this error message...

Hello.

I had mistakenly set up my employee's emails by going to Administration>Personal Email Accounts, then Create Email Account. Although it worked fine, apparently this resulted in each employee being under my own user name. I was told to do this instead: Administration>Users, then select the user, then click the button on the top-right "Email Accounts" and do it from there.

I did what that. All settings are what they were before, carefully checked. Then I deleted the user's old email from the CRM, since there were now two. I can see that I did it correctly, it appears under my employee's name, not mine anymore. Then I cleared local cache and also Admin>Clear all backend cache.

The last step in setting up the email is to test the SMTP by sending a test email. When I do that this is the error I get:

Error 500: The input appears to be a DNS hostname but cannot match against hostname shema for TLD 'COM', The input does not appear to be a valid URl hostname, The input does not appear to be a valid network

I don't know what to do. All settings are correct and all other emails (employees) that I send a test for, work fine.

For SMTP, I have the "SMTP Auth" checked, the security setting is SSL, Port 465.

All ideas very much appreciated, thank you.

-James

"Administration>Users, then select the user, then click the button on the top-right "Email Accounts" and do it from there."
    is a good way to set up as well, but you need to check the assigned user.

seams it is a validation from Zend.
    what version of EspoCRM do you use, and if it's possible set in personal message the host?

Comment

Working...
    X