Field values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field values

I was wondering if it is possible to assign a numeric value to a field, or a fields content.
    For example:
    I have a dropdown field called A with something in it.
    Selection 1: London
    Selection 2: New York
    Selection 3: Oslo

In another dropdown field called B with something else.
    Selection 1: Airplane
    Selection 2: Boat
    Selection 3: Car

The idea would then be to assign some value to the selection.
    So for example:
    Selection 1: London - Value: 4000
    Selection 2: New York - Value: 10000
    Selection 3: Oslo - Value: 6000

In another dropdown field there is something else.
    Selection 1: Airplane - Value: 3000
    Selection 2: Boat - Value: 6000
    Selection 3: Car - Value: 5000

So if I were to select the third selection from dropdown A and the second selection from dropdown B, I would then have a third field with the ability to calculate with basic functions (plus, minus, multiply and divide).
    So the third field I would be able to tell it to take the value from dropdown A and add with dropdown B to get the result 12000. And if this could be made to work with currency it would be awesome.

Hello,
    if you need it on the interface - check Opportunity entity stage and probability (application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/Opportunity.json).
    If you need only the result after save > use Formula https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...ation/formula/

Comment

I would prefer it through the interface as other, non-tech savy, users are going to use it.
      But the solution you proposed can't do what I seek.
      The idea would be that a field would contain a basic calculator. I have made a small demo so you can see what I mean.
      It seems that espoCRM has the necessary parts scattered over the software so I'm convinced that it is doable by someone able to connect the dots somehow.
      Last edited by tanya; 03-29-2018, 07:44 AM.

Comment

you need to develop it. How it looks like you can see on the demo in Quote entity

Comment

Working...
        X