Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caching error due to folder ownership

Hello,

Espo is throwing a caching error whenever we try and make changes in administration. After a bit of digging, it appears to be because the ownership of the 'advanced' folder in data>cached keeps resetting itself to root. We've asked our server company to change this a couple of times and every time they do we are able to make one change in admin before it resets to root again. Has anybody else had this issue? We're currently using 4.1.5 but are unable to update because of the error.

Hello,
    check in data/config.php defaultPermissions
    is crontab run from who - root or server user? Need to be server user
    Also you can run upgrade in cli
    php upgrade.php {path-to-upgrade-zipped-file}

Comment

Hi Tanya,

Thanks for your response.

defaultPermissions isn't mentioned anywhere in the config.php file? Do I need to add something in?

Comment

If this parameter is empty, it hasn't be the reason of problem. Because it get the server user by default.
        What about crontab?

Comment

Hi Tanya,

I've just realised the server didn't even had the cron job installed! We switched servers a short while back so this must have been missed. I've added it and run it, but am still getting the error at the moment. I've asked the server support team to change the owner of the advanced folder one last time and am hoping that will sort it. I'll get back to you if it doesn't, if that's okay!

Comment

Working...
          X