Orientation of uploaded Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orientation of uploaded Pictures

If we upload pictures as attachments to contacts, tasks or whatever, Espo is doesn't overtake the "orientation" as we had them on the computer...

Unfortunately, it seems like we also cannot rotate images direct in Espo for 90°... How could we solve that?

any news, update on this...?

It looks like Espo is just rotating every image, which is in Portrait orientation to Landscape, what is pretty annoying...

Comment

I don't think EspoCRM rotates images. I never encountered such a behavior. Can you attach any image to test?

Comment

will grab them an Monday, as I need to grab them from the Server in Spain.

I've tried it with several pictures, on the Windows Computer they all look right in Portrait Mod, but as soon as you upload them into Espo, they are Landscape...

will also do some further tests with "manually created test images" out of a picture edit software...

Comment

Maybe the application you use to view images has a feature that rotates wrong oriented images to show them properly.

Comment

I can confirm there's an issue with pictures orientation, though it does not appear on every single image. I attached some screenshots: first and second show upside down (aka wrong) rotation on the pictures attached to a real estate property. The third one shows the actual image file, opened by clicking on "Original" link in the preview pane.
            All images are correctly oriented when opened off site.
            Attached Files

Comment

Can you reproduce attaching the problem image again? Could you provide the original image (before it was uploaded to EspoCRM)?

Comment

Yes, this can be reproduced by uploading again any image that present the issue. A selection of affected files is available at Zippyshare (Wrong-orientation.zip). Pictures are categorized in two subfolders, based on the amount of rotation (90 or 180 degrees) they were subject. Thank you very much for your time!

Comment

All images you provides are wrongly oriented. As I mentioned above: Maybe the application you use to view images has a feature that rotates wrong oriented images to show them properly.

Comment

Hello,
                    the problem is related with reading of EXIF data. Will be fixed in the next version.
                    Thanks

Comment

That's some great news to hear. Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                      X