CSV import not linking contacts without last names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSV import not linking contacts without last names

I have a CSV with the following fields: Contact First Name, Contact Last Name, Contact Email, Company, Opportunity Name, Close Date (there are many more, but this is not relevant to the case).
    I make three imports from this file:
    1) Accounts (importing Company name only)
    2) Contacts (importing First Name, Last Name, Email and linking to Account)
    3) Opportunities (importing Name and Close Date, linking to Account and Contact).

Some contacts in the CSV have the first name only. When I import them, they are not linked either to Accounts or to Opportunities. How can I fix that?

Hello
    The reason could be, than the Last Name field is required for Contact.
    But a relation between Account and Contact has to work, because searching works for accounts.
    The problem could be only with Opportunities. but.... if you create a new relationship with contact, because default is many-to-many and contact field is not available on step 2 (field mapping).

Comment

Tanya, thank you.

1) The relationship between Account and Contact doesn't work either.
      2) With Opportunities, I already use a custom "many to one" relationship, but the problem persists.

So my question is the same: is there any way to fix that?

Comment

What field did you select as Account when you import contacts?

Comment

Hello Tanya,

Just re-checked with the latest version of the CRM... the relation between Account and Contact actually works now. So the problem persists only between Opportunities and Contacts without last name.

Comment

here could be the problem, because in general lastName is required field and there is no check is field is set (firstName has this checking, because it could be empty). There could be difference in space symbol

Comment

Working...
            X