Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar isn't loading

Hello,
    I have a fresh installed Espo 5.0.0 on a synology DSM 6 machine. It works. But I cannot call the calendar. I just see the "Loading.."-message on the top but nothing happens. Can you help me please?
    It's all standard. Only the crontab-entry differs. Because it's a synology-system I have to change it to
    * * * * * root /bin/su -c "cd /volume1/web; /usr/local/bin/php56 -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1" http
    But it seems, that this change doesn't belongs to my problem.

Hi,

Please press F12 key in your browser and check for javascript errors.

Comment

Thanks for answering.
      You are right! It seems to be a JavaScript error. You find the description in the screenshot. (We are running IE 11)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	espo_calendar_error.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	33439
      Attached Files

Comment

Did you try any other browser? We don't support IE unfortunatelly.

Comment

Hi,

I think , it's not a good idea to cancel the support for IE A lot of companies are using a Microsoft environment - also mine. To stop the support ( without any announcement! ) will ended in a lot of lost customers.(Espcially EspoCRM is running with IE with version 4.8.x).. Is there any possibility to get EspoCRM 5.x working with IE ?

Comment

Actually we never fully supported IE from the beggining and there always were some features not working in IE. I'm not sure why problems with calendar appeared. We upgraded full calendar lib, maybe the problem caused by that. I have no ability to check it right now. Have no an access to IE.
            Last edited by yuri; 12-30-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Could you try to clear local storage https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...torage-in-ie11 and check whether the calendar works.
              Last edited by yuri; 12-30-2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks for answering!
                I've tried to clear the local storage but no success. The error is always existing. So I have debugged a litte...
                I have asked with the IE console the values "key" and "value" in the moment were the error "invalid argument" was occured at the statement "localStorage.setItem(key, value);".
                _> console.log(key);
                _> cache-lib-lib!full-calendar
                _>
                _> console.log(value);
                _> !function(t,e){if("object"==typeof exports&&"object"==typeof module)module.exports=e(require("jquery"),require( "moment"));else if("function"==typeof define&&define.amd)define(["jquery","moment"],e);else{var n="object"==typeof exports?e(require("jquery"),require("moment")):e(t .jQuery,t.moment);for(var r in n)("object"==typeof exports?exports:t)[r]=n[r]}}(this,function(t,e){return function(t){function e(r){if(n[r])return n[r].exports;var i=n[r]={i:r,l:!1,exports:{}};return t[r].call(i.exports,i,i.exports,e),i.l=!0,i.exports}va r n={};return e.m=t,e.c=n,e.d=function(t,n,r){e.o(t,n)||Object.d efineProperty(t,n,{configurable:!1,enumerable:!0,g et:r})},e.n=function(t){var n=t&&t.__esModule?function(){return t.default}:function(){return t};return e.d(n,"a",n),n},e.o=function(t,e){return Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(t,e)},e.p="", e(e.s=72)}([function(t,e){var n=function(t,e){for(var n in e)e.hasOwnProperty(n)&&(t[n]=e[n])};e.__extends=function(t,e){function r(){this.constructor=t}n(t,e),t.prototype=null===e ?Objec
                _> console.log(value.length);
                _> 211319

Then, I've made a test
                _> localStorage.setItem('cache-lib-lib!full-calendar', value);
                X> invalid argument

It seems, it's an issue of "value". May be to long...

Comment

There can be some characters that IE does not support for localStorage I guess.

Comment

You've written, that you have updated the fullcalendar lib. Because it's an issue with the IE, I've taken a view on the Website https://fullcalendar.io/support/. There they say, the lib is compatible with IE11:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	fullcalendar.JPG
Views:	397
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	33464
                    Because it seems to be an error in the library, can you ask them for a bugfix, so you can implement it in EspoCRM?

Comment

It's not an issue in fullcalendar. Issue occurs when EspoCRM tries to store fullcalendar in local storage for a caching purpose.

Could you let me know why you have to use IE rather than any of modern browsers? IE11 is really outdated and if we had suppored it would have slowered EspoCRM development. I understand that websites need IE support to cover that 10% of customers, but crm app is not that case. Even if there is a corporate soft tied to IE there shouldn't be a problem to use IE for legacy soft and some modern browser for crm.
                      Last edited by yuri; 12-31-2017, 11:24 AM.

Comment

We are using IE, because of two reasons: First there are the o lot of (old) software solutions, that the compoany is needing. These programs are often using specialities of the IE (it's a history isue from the time, IE has had a marketshare of 80% and more). To change alls these programs are too expensive and too rsiky - especially for the laptops in the field. The second reason is the policy to use so less programs as possible. That's a security and a cost issue. The maintenance costs are always an object of savings and every additionally application lets increase them. But I think, it would be ok, if you need a modern browser to administrate the crm. That's often assigned to a special department (normally the IT department), so that special software needs are imaginable for theses tasks.But it's absolutely neccessary, that EspoCRM supports IE for all the bred-and-butter-functionialities (that means the functionalities, which are using by the standard-users in the field).

Comment

Thanks for the upgrade! We have installed the new version 5.0.3 and the calendar works with IE11. Great job!

Comment

I have installed Espocrm on a windows server (hostgator) and I can't get the calendar to load either. The "create" function in calls and tasks does not work either. This post is 2 years dated, is there a fix for these problems?

Comment

Working...
                          X