No announcement yet.

Best of luck, but don't fall into the SugarCRM design trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't underestimate how important and potentially game changing a solution to the original poster's comments could be. This is THE BIGGEST shortcoming of all the CRMs I trawled through. I was able to find nothing that provided a solution. If I had, it would have had a head and shoulders leaf at the start of wider requirements comparison. Create something that can also import databases in the SugarCE format and you could have a winner.

Comment

EspoCRM now supports many-to-many relationship between Accounts and Contacts with roles. Multiple phone numbers implemented too.
      Multiple Address seems to be more complex and I'm not sure how it should be designed. Any suggestions? From UX point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
        EspoCRM now supports many-to-many relationship between Accounts and Contacts with roles. Multiple phone numbers implemented too.
        Multiple Address seems to be more complex and I'm not sure how it should be designed. Any suggestions? From UX point of view.
        Make the address similar to a contact person.
        Instead of defining the position you say what kind of address it is (invoice, shipping, visiting or postal), so the address you can add to more company's.
        There are often more company's on one address.
        In that matter it might be good to do the same to company's, so you can define a Holding company to which subcompany's belong.

Comment

• partomas
          partomas commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm new with EspoCRM and I get the same issue with setting accounts of retail chains. I have one retailer with a lot of shops and people (contacts) in it. How to setup this structure and organise the tasks to my sales forces to visit them periodically. Quotations margin are different for different branches and Invoices must be to the main company with different delivery addresses. Anyone can help to set up that "simple" scenario?

This is an inspiring thread for me because it looks as if my journey around the potential CRM offerings could be at an end. Like so many I have struggled to set up Sugar to do what I want it to do and be understandable by busy staff who do not have the time or inclination to learn CRM 'complexities'. If I can't give them boxes to fill in then they won't use it or try to understand it, The Sugar installation we tried ended up with most tabs deleted and still wouldn't provide a working solution.

My own application is real estate and I delight in seeing an EspoCRM extension for this very purpose but can't find a demo with the extension on it anywhere (is there one ?)

All I want to do is run a database of prospective clients, be able to send them links to property info - remind sales people to do follow ups, plan a viewing calendar, track successful conversions and catalogue failures so we can learn from them.

I am really hopeful that we can customize EspoCRM to meet our needs and look forward to visiting here regularly

Comment

• tanya
          tanya commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello.
          There are no demo with Real Estate Pack for now. But this package is free, so you can install it on your host and test it
      Working...
      X