Issue with Email Clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Email Clients

First, thank you for such a great CRM!... Simply great!

The issue:

Example with myself.

I created an Email Template. Used variables (great feature) and attached a XLS file (also tried with DOC and JPG).

When I'm in a contact profile, click his/her email address, load a template (that includes a file) and hit send...

I receive the email, with NO CONTENT specifically on email clients (Mac OS, iOs). I do can see the attached file to the template.

Any ideas?

Hi

Email body was empty?

Comment

Hi Yuri,

Yes, email body was empty when a file was attached.

If the email was sent without the attachment then I could see the body.

Thanks.

If it helps: I'm using the SMTP configurations that BlueHost provides.

Comment

If you send any email with attachment then you receive email w/o body and attachments. Right?

Comment

We have 2 scenarios:

1) If I send an email WITH attachments to (for example) gmail, I'm able to see the attachment and the content directly from the BROWSER, but I cannot see the BODY from my iphone/mobile device or MAC OS MAIL CLIENT, I am only able to see the attachment.

2) If I send the email WITHOUT attachment to (for example) gmail or any other email provider I can see the content directly from any device.

I uploaded an image to this reply as an example.

Comment

Any ideas here?

Comment

I've got a branch fixing inline attachments not showing up in Outlook. The issue was the structure of the MIME parts. took me absolutely ages to get it working. Not sure if it's 100% perfect, but seems to be accepted by many different clients now. I'll tidy it up and submit.

Comment

Originally posted by alasdaircr View Post
                I've got a branch fixing inline attachments not showing up in Outlook. The issue was the structure of the MIME parts. took me absolutely ages to get it working. Not sure if it's 100% perfect, but seems to be accepted by many different clients now. I'll tidy it up and submit.

Thank you. Will be waiting

Comment

Working...
                X