How to map fields when importing from CSV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to map fields when importing from CSV

Hi. I have a CSV with the list of deals already closed. The structure is like "Date Closed - Product Name - Customer Name - Company Name - Price" (if simplified).
    I have already imported "Company Name" to Accounts, and "Customer Name" to Contacts (with Accounts linked automatically).
    Now I need to import the remaining fields to Opportunities (I guess this is the closest entity you have to that), with Accounts and Contacts linked.

My questions are:
    1) Am I generally doing the right thing when importing it to Opportunities? Or should I rather create a new entity for closed deals?
    2) What field should I select for "Customer Name"? For "Company Name" there is accountName, but for "Customer Name" there is nothing (I expected Contact First and Last Name to be on the list, but they are not).

Thank you.

Dmitry

I would greatly appreciate an answer to this.

Comment

Hello
      1) It depends on your system logic. It could be as opportunity also it could be as other entity. Depends on how it will be used in the future, for reports for example
      2) for now it is not possible. Only you filter data manually, separate it by customer and set default contacts as filtered. Or you need to develop not storable field for import

Comment

Tanya, thank you for your reply. There is now a link between Accounts and Opportunities, identified by accountName field in Opportunities. Is it hardcoded? Can I not create a similar link between Contacts and Opportunities?

Comment

there is a link between account and opportunities (one-to-many), that's why it's possible. But relation between opportunity and contact is many-to-many

Comment

I see. Can I change this relationship to "one-to-many" (one contact per opportunity, but many opportunities per contact)?
            If yes, will the fields like contactFirstName and contactLastName appear in the import mapping list automatically?

Comment

I tried creating a new relationship - "ContactDeal". Now there is a new option in the mapping list - "contactDealName" Is that first or last name?

Comment

it is contact 's full name

Comment

There's no such field in the CRM as "Contact's Full Name". There's First Name and Last Name. (I just checked in the Entity Manager)

Comment

"contactDealName" - contact's Name > person name > [salutation] first name + last name = full name

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                      "contactDealName" - contact's Name > person name > [salutation] first name + last name = full name
                      I'm sorry, I don't understand.
                      Here's what I have:
                      - in the CRM - a many-to-one relationship between Opportunities and Contacts: (screenshot: https://yadi.sk/i/Mn4prlVV3LoYU8)
                      - an option "contactDealName" in the import field mapping interface
                      - two fields "First Name" and "Last Name" in the source CSV; mapping any of them as "contactDealName" brings no result.

What exactly should I do?

Comment

Did you import contacts before?
                        Could you merge columns first name and last name in your csv?

If you had id column, it would be easy to find related contact. But you have only name in your csv.
                        The system looks for the same contact name (Name > person name > [salutation] first name + last name = full name), but you assign only one of field (James Bond (contactDealName in CRM) is not equal James (customerFirstName from csv) and not equals Bond (customerLastName from), you you need both of values). But there are no matches

Comment

Yes, I did import contacts before. I tried a combined first name + last name field, but it didn't work out either. Should there be a blank space for salutation, too?
                          Is the relationship set up correctly (as far as you can see on the screenshot)?

Comment

Sorry, I checked the source code and see, that it's not implemented. Only for relation with varchar 'name'. Person 'name' is an array (application/Espo/Services/Import.php +-571 row)

Comment

So what should I do then? Create a new varchar "name" field for contacts?
                              Last edited by Dmitry; 08-08-2017, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X