Send mail from opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send mail from opportunity

Is it possible to send a mail from the opportunity screen? It would be nice if you can search linked entities (eg account) to select a destination, and add the opportunity as a linked field directly.

Now you need to send the mail from the email-tab (or the account), and search for the opportunity manually..

Thanks for the advice!

Hello
    Activities panel on the detail view > panel menu > Compose Email

Comment

Cool, that component was hidden on customer's demand (shown again)

Is there a way to prefill the to-emailadres with the email from the account linked to the opportunity?

Comment

only typing for now

Comment

Tanya, any update on this?

Can I customize the to-field to be filled automatically?

Comment

• tanya
            tanya commented
            Editing a comment
            No update.

Would it be possible to automatically add a 'contact' emailadress upon creation of an opportunity - in a specific field in the entity, and then reuse it when a mail is created? (using workflows (we have bought the addon))

Comment

workflow runs AFTER record save
            I think it is possible with developing. The easiest way to do this in backend... but... if opportunity has few contacts, which one will be the recipient?

Comment

Tanya,

Thanks, I misunderstood the "After record created"...

We only link 1 account (with a custom field email) to an opportunity. So it is easy to find the emailaddress we need. Using a workflow, I can copy this emailaddress to the Opportunity (where I've added a contact-emailaddress).

However, could you advice on how I would add functionality in the backend to prefill the to-address in the email on creation?

Thanks a lot!
              Kristof

PS: the customer is very enthusiastic about ESPO CRM!

Comment

Hello
                Sorry for late response
                You need to create a field with name emailAddress. This field will be filled on compose form
                You can set it with workflow. (1 scheduled workflow to fill this field for existing opportunities, if you need. And 1 after save workflow or formula)

Comment

Working...
                X