Administration Permissions Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administration Permissions Question

I would like to have the ability to make someone a super admin who could see every record with no exceptions. Then I would like to have other admins who can do everything a super admin can do, but only for certain groups or individuals. How can this be done? When I create a role and then assign it permissions, as soon as I select "is admin" for a new user, it gives that user the ability to view, edit etc everything in the whole organization, not just their part of it. There has to be a way for one primary person to be a "super admin" with others as admins with less scope. Please help!
    Last edited by pdavis1958; 05-20-2017, 02:14 PM.

Hello.

Admin can see everything in system. Тщ role can change this.
    Create regular users with needed permissions, but Administration of system is available only for Admins.

You can share data with specified teams. For example,
    Account1 has AssignedUser Manager1 and Team1,
    Account2 has AssignedUser Manager2 and Team2.
    Manager1 has only Team1, Manager2 has only Team2. SuperManager has both teams.
    Manager1 and Manager2 can see only own accounts, SuperManager can see both of records. SuperManager2, who hasn't these teams, won't see records of other department

Comment

• pdavis1958
      pdavis1958 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your reply. I Appreciate your time. I know how to do do those things. Let me give you an idea of what we wish to accomplish. I have people who are using my CRM. I have to see everything in the CRM. But, I need others to have some administrative permissions as well, but not full permissions like me. Is there not a super admin and lesser admin capabilities? As I stated, when I create a role and assign it permissions, as soon as I give that person admin permission, they now have the same permissions I have as a "super admin." Does this make sense?

• tanya
      tanya commented
      Editing a comment
      Now it is not possible. But EspoCRM is open source CRM, so you can change the code

Here is the reply from my person who does code for me. Was there any indication from the forum on where the code can be overwritten?

Comment

I don't know how deep changes you need. All permission checking are in Acl and Controllers (base and in each module). Entity Controllers and Acl could be overwritten in Custom folder
      Example http://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gener...e-made-private

Comment

Working...
      X