Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portal Users vs Users correlation with accounts

Hi,

I'm trying accomplish something for the past few days and couldn't find what i was looking for into the documentation nor other forum posts. Hopefully my questions will also help others to get a better understanding of the flow.

So first of all i would like to understand what's the main purpose of users vs portal users and maybe when would be the best scenario to use which.
    Maybe anyone who has a better understanding of the platform can give me a hand with my client structure. Here's what i want to achieve:
    - obviously i want clients to have their own access
    - a scenario where multiple employees from a client company can have the same or different access
    - i set up email fetching for client cases where they can see their own tickets. The issue here is that I've seen that for portal users, although it's assigned to a team that the account which is associate with portal, i still can't see it in the portal, so i must use normal users rather than portal users.
    - a client company may have multiple projects so i will most probably asociate team and email addresses based on the project

Hope I exposed my interests clear enough,
    I really appreciate your work and thank you in advance, please feel free to ask any questions.

Hello

General information is here https://github.com/espocrm/documenta...tion/portal.md Hope it helps.

With portals your clients have own access. You can define it in portal roles.
    "multiple employees from a client company can have the same or different access" - set access level as account.

Comment

Working...
    X