"Check Personal Email Accounts" scheduled job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Check Personal Email Accounts" scheduled job

Hi, I am running V4.4.1 (just upgraded to ensure that this was not the cause of the issue) and have a problem where emails from a personal email account are not coming into the CRM.

I go to Administration > Personal Email Accounts and create the definition.

When I select "Monitored Folders" it gives me a list of folders from my Exchange server. I pick "INBOX/To CRM Home" from the list.

Everything seems fine but nothing arrives in the CRM. I go to "Emails > All" and nothing shows. I also go to "Administration > Personal Email Accounts > profile name" > "Emails" table and nothing shows.

I thought that there may be a problem with the Cron job (which I have set up).

When I go to: Administration > Scheduled Jobs, I am presented with the list of sub-cron jobs. When I look at "Clean-up" or "Check Group Email Accounts" I can see when the job has run. When I look at "Check Personal Email Accounts", it doesn't show anything. I don't know if this is pertinent or not.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Hello
    1. Check, if job is active.
    2. Open [ESPOCRM_URL]/#Admin/jobs and look at all jobs status. When did the last job finished successfully? Do you have the Job with status Running?

Comment

Hmmm...

I only have "Stream: controlFollowersJob" jobs which are "pending", 2 yesterday, 3 on the 6th, 10 on the 1st and hundreds on the 31st Jan. A few on the 29th, a few on the 24th. The next events before than are on the 19th of December which look about right (i.e. a mixture of different jobs).

I have a number of "Check Group Email Accounts" up to 19th December but nothing since.

I don't have any "Check Personal Email Accounts", assuming that is the correct text to search for.

So in short it seems nothing has run since 19th of December except that Stream job.

Also be aware that I have a lot of records in my system. Tens of thousands of records. Don't know if this matters.

Thanks

Comment

Count of records has no effect on it.
        Check Failed Jobs, Check logs (apache error and espocrm). Possible you get Fatal error.
        If you have no jobs named "Check Personal Email Accounts", check if is this job active and check if Scheduling is valid
        Last edited by tanya; 02-08-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Ok, Apache logs in /var/log/apache2/error* - there is nothing in here apart from messages about starting up and shutting down.

I am not sure where to the Espo logs are, can you point me to them?

I have looked at 2 database tables.

This query
          SELECT name,status, count(*) FROM `job` GROUP by name, status

gives this information:
          NULL Pending 109
          NULL Success 2
          Auth Token Control Pending 1
          Auth Token Control Success 5139
          Check Group Email Accounts Success 7707
          Clean-up Success 5
          Control Knowledge Base Article Status Success 24
          Send Email Notifications Pending 1
          Send Email Notifications Success 15408
          Send Email Reminders Pending 1
          Send Email Reminders Success 15408
          Send Mass Emails Success 517
          And this query:
          SELECT name,status,count(*) FROM `scheduled_job_log_record` group by name,status

Give this information:
          NULL Pending 109
          NULL Success 2
          Auth Token Control Pending 1
          Auth Token Control Success 5139
          Check Group Email Accounts Success 7707
          Clean-up Success 5
          Control Knowledge Base Article Status Success 24
          Send Email Notifications Pending 1
          Send Email Notifications Success 15408
          Send Email Reminders Pending 1
          Send Email Reminders Success 15408
          Send Mass Emails Success 517

So I don't think the 'Check Local Email Accounts' job is running.

I also don't think any of them are running. If I append: where execute_time > '2017-01-01' to the queries, then I get nothing from 'scheduled_job_log_record', and the 109, 'NULL', Pending items from 'job'.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello

Espo logs are in data/logs. But I am still wondering about, is your job Activated or not

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-02-09 10:46:24.png
Views:	551
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	26424

Comment

Thanks for all your help, the Espo log files gave me the answer. There was a permissions issue under the Espo hierarchy so some files could not be created.

I fixed the permissions, waited for the cron job to run and everything sprung into action.

I guess I must have broken the permissions at some point on the 19th of December (the last time most jobs ran).

Really appreciate your speedy and helpful responses. Fantastic.

Thanks.

Comment

You are welcome

Comment

Hi, everyone! I am new to this crm.

I have the same problem, I have the right settings and the right cron job, but still don't receive the emails on crm. The guys from the server said that everyting is ok from their part.
                  The jobs appear to be ok and they are active, even the job looks ok:
                  Check Personal Email Accounts Ready
                  But I still don't get any emails in my inbox.
                  Can you, please, help me with some suggestions?

Comment

Hi Alexandra,
                    Please make sure your IMAP connection is working properly. Please check this:
                    1. Open your Personal Email Account settings and press the Test Connection button
                    2. In the Personal Email Account settings check Email log on the bottom of the page, when exactly was the last successful emails fetch
                    3. Open Administration -> Scheduled Jobs -> Check Personal Email Accounts (check whether it executes successfully)
                    4. Check an EspoCRM log file https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ng/#check-logs

Comment

Working...
                    X