Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating reports with linked custom fields?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating reports with linked custom fields?

Dear all,

I am looking for a CRM to install that can do the following:

- Create custom field in account where I can select/link one or more contacts that are the founder of the account (firm)

- Create a custom field in the account with the founding date of the firm

- Create a school field in the contacts

And here comes the trick:

> I would like to create reports that show for example:
    all account/firm names that are founded within a specific date range with contacts linked in the custom founder field that have visited a specific school.

Does this work with EspoCRM?

Thank you so much for your help!

Hello
    If one contact can visit only one school (relation one to many), you can create this report. If one contact can visit a lot of school, it is not possible. You can try to create such report on demo.espocrm.de/advanced . Now account can have one or few contacts. Create School entity and add founding date field to Account with Entity Manager.

Last edited by tanya; 04-26-2017, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      Hello
      If one contact can visit only one school (relation one to many), you can create this report. If one contact can visit a lot of school, it is not possible. You can try to create such report on demo.espocrm.de/advanced . Now account can have one or few contacts. Create School entity and add founding date field to Account with Entity Manager.

https://youtu.be/WDSTMNFZPLE
      Thank you for your much valued support, Tanya!

I have tried setting this up in the demo, however, it always keeps saying: bad server response.

What I have done is:
      1) Set up a contact
      2) Linked the contact to an account and gave this link the title "Founder"
      3) Set up a simple list report based on the entity type account
      4) Put in a filter field for the report with: contacts.title CONTAINS Founder

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance,
      Dennis
      Last edited by tanya; 04-26-2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Contacts.title is not supported... In the next release it will be removed from the list.

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
          Contacts.title is not supported... In the next release it will be removed from the list.
          Okay, thank you, that's a pitty. So it seems that EspoCRM cannot do the type of reports that I am looking for, is this right?

Comment

Working...
          X