create a Contact profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• create a Contact profile

Hello, I am new to EspoCRM and am looking to switch over to this.
    I've just imported 150 records into the Contacts area. This is a very small sample of our current customer data. Many are duplicates because each record is a different transaction. For example, Jane Doe appears 5 times because she has bought 5 different products of ours.

How can I merge her 5 transactions into one profile?
    Is there a way to import all of the products/offerings that we have so that we can map it to a Contact? (Similar to how the Accounts is done.)

Thank you
    Last edited by spaulino; 01-10-2017, 09:49 PM. Reason: contacts

Hello
    You can import with duplicate checking
    It is possible, but if your contacts have ids. If no, you have to do an import for each contact and set this field in default fields area. Or write some script for import

Comment

• spaulino
      spaulino commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok it sounds like you're saying that I can merge them into a single profile as long as the person has an ID. Once I figure out how the best way to create an ID for each person (we don't currently have one in place), how can I show what products they have bought? there is no section that I've seen that shows what a Contact has done besides Emails, Meetings, and Calls.

Also, do you know how to make it so that when I click on an Account, it shows me all the Contacts associated with that Account? this would be very useful to know.
      Last edited by spaulino; 01-11-2017, 02:35 PM. Reason: added comment about Accounts

• tanya
      tanya commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you can merge existing records.
      I don't know the structure of your data. But recommend you to spend more time to create your new structure of data, based on EspoCRM. How do you want to store your Products and your Opportunities. Do you want to create own entities or you can use Advanced Pack.
      With Advanced Pack you can see products bought by Contact in report. If no, it depends of your structure.

"Also, do you know how to make it so that when I click on an Account, it shows me all the Contacts associated with that Account?"
      This functionality is realized. Check if you created relationships (set the field accounts to contact or added with relationship panel)

• spaulino
      spaulino commented
      Editing a comment
      I created a List (we have a long list of products, and therefore I'm calling our products Lists) by following these instructions:

However, I am not able to access it. I do not see the newly created List in the navigation menu at the top. How can I activate it?
      -Nevermind, I logged out then back in and it showed up
      Last edited by tanya; 04-26-2017, 01:21 PM.

tanya I checked to see if the relationship between Accounts and Contacts is there, and it is. it is many-to-many, which I assume is default. However, I still do not see all the Contacts that are associated with an Account.
    When I edit the relationship, I see that Link Multiple Field is checked under accounts, but not under contacts. What is it that I have to modify?

Comment

Contact has linkMultiple field for relation view, Account has relationship panel Contacts (below Stream)

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
        Hello
        You can import with duplicate checking
        It is possible, but if your contacts have ids.
        Can you give me an example of how I might set ID's to avoid importing duplicates? I'm guessing an arbitrary number against each imported lead will work, or does the ID need to always match?

Comment

Working...
        X