Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database encryption

Hi guys,

I have been trying to find out if it is possible to encrypt the EspoCRM database but I haven't been able to find a solid answer. Even though I am running Espo on an internal server (Ubuntu Server) I am concerned about storing confidential customer data if its not encrypted just in case anything nasty were to get in to my network. So is this possible and if so, how?

Many thanks...

See here for example: https://www.percona.com/blog/2016/04...st-encryption/
    It's a rather complicated topic with lots of pros and cons. It's a lot easier to prevent nasty things from getting into your network
    ------------------
    Robert Laussegger
    iscon group
    http://www.iscongroup.net
    mailto://info@iscongroup.net

Comment

Many thanks for your reply iscon, sorry about my slow reply.. The ideal solution then is for Espo to implement it at the application level, sounds like a good thing to add to the advanced pack... Anyone from Espo reading this able to say if this is planned?

thanks

Comment

Hi guys,

I would like to bump this thread back up because I think that this feature is becoming an ever more important one especially with GDPR now in force which states that all possible steps must be taken to protect client data. If there were some kind of breach and data from Espo was compromised the fact that none of it was encrypted would be seen as irresponsible by regulators. So please can someone from Espo confirm if this is on a roadmap somewhere maybe for the advanced pack?

Many thanks,

Comment

Hello,
          this is not on the roadmap, as I know

Comment

Thanks for reply Tanya.. That is a shame though as it would not only be a needed feature in todays world but also a great selling point for the advanced pack..

Comment

Working...
            X