Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDAP Authentication with Zentyal 4.2

Hi All,

I'm using a fresh install of EspoCRM (latest version) and trying to get it to authenticate to our Zentyal server. I got the test connection to work in the LDAP sttings, however when I then logged out to try to log in using an LDAP account, I can't log back in on any LDAP acount or the original admin account.

Any help with appropriate settings or even how to get back into the system owould be great.

Thanks

Kieran

What LDAP server uses Zentyal? Actually, if you don't have access to LDAP server the admin login should work. Also, check log files (/data/logs/) to find the problem.
    For manually switching the authentication method, please go to /data/config.php and change the option to:
    PHP Code:
    'authenticationMethod' => 'Espo'
    Job Offers and Requests

Comment

Thanks - changing the authentication method got me back into the system.

Interestingly, looking at the log it trys to authenticate the admin user against the LDAP database and then fails because it doesnt find the user even though there is a local admin user in the system.

Zentyal uses Samba4 to provide it's LDAP service. The test connection works but I can't find the correct seettings for the rest of the LDAP settings.

Comment

Just a quick update - I've now got logn via LDAP working, my fault with the settings in Espo. For anyone else needing these the default Active Directory settings work fine.

However - it still bocks access to the admin user once connected to the LDAP system.

Surely the default behaviour should be to check local accounts before checking external LDAP? I can get back access to the system as admin by changing the setting in the config file but this is not a great long term solution.

Comment

Working...
        X