Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the sync of emails really work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the sync of emails really work?

Based on the experience with EspoCRM so far and the issues (see my other forum posts) with the email sync I have one question and add some information for other users here. Maybe you can include it in a documentation, because it is a bit lacking.

Question: How does the sync with IMAP really work? What I want to know is if all records in EMail (Espo) are always compared to the IMAP or not? Like if an email once got skipped, it will not be included later on.

How can I restart the sync/start it from scratch?

information for users with sync problems:

We had sync problems on several installs. Not all of them are solved, but in 90% of the cases I had an [0] Header value must be composed of printable US-ASCII characters and valid folding sequences. [] [] error in the log.

After some search and try and error I followed the solution to change HeaderWrap.php http://forum.espocrm.com/forum/bug-r...ap-inbox/page2

It solved most sync issues and almost any email shows up, except the ones that made me look into the case.

Here we have the link to my question: If an email throws the error ones will it be skipped by EspoCRM in such a way that even after the HeaderWrap.php change it will not sync?

Do I start the sync again and how to do it? Delet the personal email or fetchdata as written in some other posts?

Thanks a lot for clarifications
Working...
X