Can't get email templates working for individual mails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get email templates working for individual mails

I have successfully sent a mass mailing, but I cannot figure out how to leverage email templates for sending invidual mails. When clicking an email address on a contact's detail page I get a mask for creating a new mail. I can choose an email template here, but after choosing one the template content is not applied to the subject or body field (should it?). When clicking the "Send" button I get an error message saying that I have to provide a subject line. After entering a subject line the email will be sent, but it only contains the entered subject line and no body text. So, how is the template system expected to work with regard to individual mails? Right now it does not make any difference if I choose a template, or not.

Thanks a lot for this great system an for your commitment to open-source!

Hi,

When you select email template Subject and Body should be filled-in with values from template. What browser do you use? Do you have any javascript errors when you do this action? If you click F12 in browser you will see the console.

Comment

Thank you very much for the quick response — that was the proper hint! The JavaScript console showed the following error:

Code:
      TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'this.getSignature().replace')
      After I entered a signature in my user settings, everything worked fine. Nevertheless, an empty signature should be possible, should it?

The error occured in WebKit/Safari on Mac OS X 10.11.6.

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Seems to be a bug, You can try to save empty signture in preferences.

Comment

Yes, I can work around that bug with an empty <p> element in the signature. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X