Adding merge field values to an email template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding merge field values to an email template

Hi there, posting as I can't seem to figure this out. Really interested in switching to Espo but need to know if I can do this as it would be a dealbreaker. I have a custom entity called quote requests which has a relationship to the contact entity called "Customer" and then a second relationship to the same contact entity called "Consultant", then to an account, as well as fields like "quote request details" and "quote request subject". I need via workflow an email to be sent to the contact selected, coming from the current user, CC the second contact field "Consultant" and then make the email subject the "quote request subject" field and the email itself the "quote request details" field. I can't seem to figure out how to insert merge fields into the email template as it doesn't seem to give any pop up or button to list what they would be or the format to write them in. Thanks!

Hi,

It's not implemented yet. We have planned to make it.

Comment

Actually it's possible to add fields of target entity to Email Template that is sent by Workflow. After the next release it will be also possible to use fields of related records in email template (many-to-one relationships).

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
        Actually it's possible to add fields of target entity to Email Template that is sent by Workflow. After the next release it will be also possible to use fields of related records in email template (many-to-one relationships).
        How to use fields from related records yuri ? {{fieldname}} ???

Comment

When you create a template, you can select needed field and insert it. Placeholder will be inserted in a needed format. For example, you need an email template for a Workflow with target entity Case, and you need to add City field of related Account
          Last edited by tanya; 10-04-2017, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
            When you create a template, you can select needed field and insert it. Placeholder will be inserted in a needed format. For example, you need an email template for a Workflow with target entity Case, and you need to add City field of related Account
            My Mistake. I didn't see it. Thanks. Maybe it could be highlighted!

Comment

Working...
            X