Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom parent-to-child relation

Hello everyone!

I am thinking if it is possible to create custom parent-to-child relation, like in this usecase:
    - I have a custom Employee entity
    - I have the existing Email entity.

By default, I can assign as a parent for email only predefined entities: Account, Lead Opportunity and Case. I am also interested to add my custom Employee entity to the list. Is that possible?

Thank you in advance!

Hi

You can do it manually. Replicate create parent field and link in entityDefs of your entity.

Comment

Thank you Iury. I haven't notice before that in the parent field of the Email entity for example, I can select other entities. It works great if I want to go from the Email entity to the parent entity.

The question right now is how I can make it available from the parent entity? Apparently I can create another relation (one-to-many), but with this approach I have to select the parent twice .... It would be great if I can enable the Activities, History or Tasks panels (that appear on the right) in a custom parent entity. Could you help me achieve that?

Comment

You can download real estate extension from our website. There is Activities/History/Tasks for custom entity. You can replicate code.

Comment

I also try to achieve the same thing. Would it be possible without changing any code?

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
            Hi

You can do it manually. Replicate create parent field and link in entityDefs of your entity.
            Hi Yuri!
            Faced with the same problem. The answer above to me is not very clear
            how to link two objects relationship "parentToChidren"?
            Last edited by mr2d2; 12-14-2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X