Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group email mailboxes and Trash/Archiv

I have the following question:

In our system we use a group email mailbox. If I move an email that comes in there to the trash, it is back in the inbox a short time later.

The same thing happens if I move an email from this mailbox to the new EspoCRM archive mailbox; the email appears in the inbox a short time later.

How can I change it so that emails from group mailboxes are correctly moved to the trash or archive and remain there?​

Not possible. You can't move an email from a group folder to a Trash. Trash is a personal folder. An email will be still related to a group folder.

> If a user moves an email from a group folder to the Trash or Archive, the email won't be unlinked from the group folder, meaning that other users will still see that email in the group folder.

Maybe consider having an additional group folder to move junk emails to. It will moved for all users.

Comment

• yuri
      yuri commented
      Editing a comment
      Or move to the All folder. That will unrelate an email from the group folder.

Actually, it's tricky. As access control imposes complexities and limitations.

Inbox, Personal Folders, Trash and Archive are personal folders. Emails associated with the user through TO, CC fields are personal user's emails.
      All and Group Folders can contain both personal and non-personal emails.

A user can have access to read a non-personal email but in the same time not have access to edit such an email. Meaning, they also cannot unlink the email from a Group Folder.

We might need to introduce an internal field to mark a group email as in-trash or in-archive. This could solve the problem that only personal emails can be put to trash/archive. Needs investigation first.
      Last edited by yuri; Yesterday, 06:34 PM.
Working...
X