Add Contact Field to Task Detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Contact Field to Task Detail

First off, when clicking on "Create New Task" (detailed view), I do not really understand the "Name" field (mandatory.). This is what is otherwise known as the "Title" (e.g. "Call Joe" or "Take out the trash", etc.)? This is how users use that field?

Second, I would like to add a field to each Task detail: I use the "Opportunity" in the drop down field for PARENT. Which is useful. When I click on the Opportunity, I can see the Tasks linked to it.

However, sometimes, I will have an Opportunity coming from one Account, which I am trying to sell to another Account (via a Contact at that other Account.)

I would like to add this Contact at the other account (so the target client to sell to) in the Task details but not as a main parent (since the parent is already the Opportunity.)
    My objective is to also see the Task when I click on the Contact I am trying to sell it to, I should be able to see it there as well, cross-referenced as a Task to the target Contact.

Example: Account "Bob" is offering me Product "A". (This is an Opportunity.) I then can propose Product "A" to Account "Joe". Joe needs to check with his manager on the pricing and get approval. Under Opportunity for Product "A", I have a Task to "get Joe to check with his manager [etc.].) And I see this when I click on Opportunity for Product "A".

But I would also like that when I click on "Joe" in my Contact list, the task is tracked there as well. Without BREAKING the task's main parent relationship to the Opportunity.

How do I accomplish that?

I am trying not to break the db and relationships so am cautious.

Thanks for any useful feedback re. the above.

Question 1) Yes that right, a task must have a task name, you can put it empty or use formula to automate it if you don't have one and don't want to bother adding one.

Question 2) You have to create new Relationship if you want more relationship for entity, you can link it anyway you want. For example Opportunity<>Task (default). Opportunity<>BossTask (new relationship you add), Opportunity<>EmployeeTask: John1, Jane2, Joe

Not sure about 3, since I haven't done something like that that. There is a few paid extension which allow more complex style or Filtering and Linking relationship and record.

As for breaking, break away, the system is fairly lenient if you only modifying GUI related setting.

Comment

Working...
    X