Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very high cpu usage

Hello,
    for the second time I have a problem with an instance of my app, where I do the developing. I am working on a custom entity and suddenly there are lots of API calls, which cause a heavy CPU load, so that my provider blocks the domain.

I do not have any idea, from where this comes.

I am working on my entity, trying to modify, create formulas etc.

Anyone any ideaa, what could be the cause for that? Where should I begin to search?

Meanwhile I searched in former threads, how to cope with this problem. Can anybody confirm, that the notification system of espoCRM, more specifically the time interval of notifications could be the culprit for these continuosly executed server calls?
    I changed that in another instance to far bigger values (had been in 10 seconds interval), because I do not need these short intervals. And looking now into my server log, the notification actions decreased heavily on the server.

Will increasing the intevals of CRON-Jobs also help to discharge the CPU usage?

Comment

As written I decreased the notification interval dramatically, but again I have hundreds of executions in the last 20 minutes. This cannot be normal.
      yuri , would you have a look at that or perhaps you might know, what causes this problem?

Comment

I don't know what it could be. It's too little information. Hundreds of API requests in 20 minutes is not a lot.

Comment

I cannot get more information, but maybe, it became big, because on developing I always have several browser windows open. I deactivated some services, which I do not need at this stage, and now it seems to calm down.
          Whatever, thank you for attending yuri

Comment

To prevent too much polling requests it's recommended to utilize websocket. Build-in notifications and popup notifications are implemented with both polling and WebSocket methods.

Comment

I'd start by checking your entity code for any loops or recursive calls that might be running amok. Also, review any recent changes to see if something triggered this behavior.

Comment

Working...
              X