Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Ways to Tailor EspoCRM to a Small Business

Hello Everyone ,

I'm just starting to use EspoCRM, and I'm customising it right now for our tiny company. As a staff of ten, our primary goal is to serve our clients' IT support needs. I'm seeking guidance and best practices for customising EspoCRM to meet our unique requirements.

I have the following particular queries and areas in which I require advice:

Particular Fields and Objects:

- What are the best ways to create entities and custom fields so we can effectively track client complaints and resolutions?
    - Are there any models or templates available for me to use?

Automation and Workflows:

- What workflow configurations can I use to automate monotonous operations like task assignments, follow-up emails, and ticket status updates?​
    - When putting these automations up, are there any restrictions I should be aware of?

Combination with Additional Instruments:

- QuickBooks, Google Calendar, and Slack are some of the apps we utilise. How can we best combine these with EspoCRM to make our operations run more smoothly?
    - Which third-party programs or plugins would you suggest using for these integrations?

Roles and Permissions of Users:

- How do I set up user roles and permissions so that only the appropriate team members have access to sensitive customer data?
    - Exist any default roles that I can jump right into?

Analytics and Reporting:

- Which report and dashboard configuration techniques work best for tracking team productivity and customer satisfaction?
    - Could you provide any instances of well-designed reporting setups?

Data Transfer:

​We have another CRM and a tonne of spreadsheets with client info. How can this data be moved into EspoCRM in the most effective way without losing any information?
    Exist any scripts or programs that can help with this process?

I would be grateful for any advice, information, Power apps, or illustrations you could give. By utilising EspoCRM effectively, we hope to increase team productivity and improve client service.​ Thank you in advance.

Hey,

I hope you will like it, below some answers that might help

Particular Fields and Objects:

- What are the best ways to create entities and custom fields so we can effectively track client complaints and resolutions? You can either use UI to create custom entities / fields etc or you can use code to do the same. Using UI is much more simpler and fast.
    - Are there any models or templates available for me to use?​ No there are not any templates.

Automation and Workflows:

- What workflow configurations can I use to automate monotonous operations like task assignments, follow-up emails, and ticket status updates?​ This depends on your business activity, you can use the Advanced Pack either workflow for simpler task or BPMN for complex task - but trust me advanced pack will be your saver and will help automate almost 90% of your tasks. Community is here to help with any flowchart etc
    - When putting these automations up, are there any restrictions I should be aware of? I would say avoid loops so that a workflow won't be repeated indefinitely. Documentation is solid and will guide you to set up this properly.

Combination with Additional Instruments:

- QuickBooks, Google Calendar, and Slack are some of the apps we utilise. How can we best combine these with EspoCRM to make our operations run more smoothly? Using Advanced Pack you sent send request - using webhook you can set up a communication between espocrm and all these tools.
    - Which third-party programs or plugins would you suggest using for these integrations? AFAK there are not any but as mentioned the Advanced Pack will be your hero here

Roles and Permissions of Users:

- How do I set up user roles and permissions so that only the appropriate team members have access to sensitive customer data? it is easy to set up such thing you just need documentation and even there are resources on the crm website blog that guide through similar thing.
    - Exist any default roles that I can jump right into?​​​ No but you can create / update / delete roles - there are no limitations

Analytics and Reporting:

- Which report and dashboard configuration techniques work best for tracking team productivity and customer satisfaction? That depends on your business but with Advanced Pack extension you will be able to create unlimited reports and place them on dashboard, you can even create dashboards and deploy to users Or teams
    - Could you provide any instances of well-designed reporting setups? The community can help you design reports and even the support team will help you once you purchase the advanced pack extension.

Data Transfer:

​We have another CRM and a tonne of spreadsheets with client info. How can this data be moved into EspoCRM in the most effective way without losing any information? You can export and import the files/data manually or if the other CRM has an API then you can transfer data using APIs.
    Exist any scripts or programs that can help with this process? No

I hope i have helped answer your questions, as mentioned we have a great community and even there are seasoned developers that you can hire as freelancers that would help extend the crm to meet your business needs.

Any other questions feel free to ask ​​
    Rabii
    Web Dev

Comment

To make EspoCRM work for your biz, first figure out what you need for dealing with client complaints. Make custom fields for each complaint and how you fix them so you can keep track easily.

For automation, use workflows to handle tasks and follow-ups. I found a company that helped me with Endocrinology Billing Services, which made a big difference for me. Check out here more info https://bpo.click-vision.com/endocri...lling-services
      Last edited by Norendac; 09-23-2024, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X